Please be aware average time of discharge from both the antenatal and postnatal wards is around 16.00
Please be patient as each discharge involves:
- Ensuring you have been signed out by a doctor.
- If you are on the postnatal ward, your baby needs to be seen by a paediatrician (baby doctor).
- Ordering and collecting any medication you need to take home from pharmacy.
- Completing a full check on you, and on your baby if you are on the postnatal ward.
- Completing all relevant postnatal discharge paperwork, including a discharge talk about what to expect in the next few weeks.
Last updated - 22 May 2014