Last updated: 03 November 2020
Being nervous for your interview is completely normal but the key message would be not to let your nerves get the better of you. Whether it's a face-to-face interview, a Skype interview or an assessment centre we want you to do your best s please find below some useful tips to help you prepare for your interview.
Before your interview
- Make sure you do your research beforehand! Find out information about the Trust and the department you're interviewing for and make sure you look up our Trust Values as our interviews are often based around these.
- Read the job description and person specification again.
- Be well presented. Dress smartly and appropriately as this will create a good first impression.
- Make sure you arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to your interview.
- Make sure your phone is on silent or off all together.
- Prepare 3 to 4 questions for the interview panel for the end of your interview.
During your interview
- Be enthusiastic and be conscious of your body language, crossed arms and bad posture will give the interview panel a bad impression of you
- Make everything you are able to validate everything that you have said in your application at the interview
- Make sure you're clear and concise when answering your questions