Clinical Trials Assistant
Last updated: 22 April 2021
Clinical Trial Assistant
As a Clinical Trial Assistant (CTA) you have to assist the clinical research teams in ensuring the most effective and efficient conduct of clinical research studies by providing administration and project tracking support.
A day in the life
- to provide general administrative support to the Clinical Operations Department and assistance to Project Manager(s) and Project Director(s).
- to assist the Clinical Operations teams in completion of all required tasks to meet departmental and project goals.
- to support the Clinical Operations teams with ongoing conduct of studies.
- to be familiar with the roles of the Clinical Research Associates (CRA) including site visits, if appropriate.
- to assist project teams with study specific documentation and guidelines as appropriate.
- set up, organize and maintain clinical study documentation (e.g. Main Study Files, CRFs, etc.) including preparation for internal/external audits, final reconciliation and archival.
- to process Data Collection Forms i.e. log in, tracking, quality control as appropriate for the study.
- to assist in quality control audits of clinical study documentation (e.g. Main Study Files, CRF Files, Monitoring Files, etc.).
- to co-ordinate ordering/dispatch and tracking of trial materials (e.g. CRFs, diary cards, lab supplies, drug supplies) as appropriate.
- to assist project teams with trial progress tracking by updating the Clinical Trial Management systems.
- to copy and route incoming correspondence, internal documentation, CRFs, etc., as appropriate.
- to assist in co-ordination of Investigator payments, if applicable.
- to contact clinical sites for specific requests (e.g., enrollment updates, missing documentation, meeting arrangements, etc.).
- to assist in the tracking and distribution of safety reports.
- to co-ordinate document translation, if required.
- to attend project team meetings and generate meeting minutes.
- to assist the Project Manager and project team with Investigator Meeting coordination, activities preparation and generate meeting minutes.
- to assist in the production of slides, overheads, etc., as needed for project, departmental, sponsor and/or business development presentations.
- to assist with the coordination of team member tracking.
For more information regarding joining our team, please submit a form through the ‘Contact us’ page or contact the Human Resources team, who are more than happy to help, on 02392 286577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Trials Assistant, Oncology Research
What made you become a Clinical Trials Assistant? - "I have always wanted to be in a clinical role, and I had the opportunity to progress in my previous role as a Research Data Assistant"
What do you do on a day to day basis? - "I have a mixture of different things that I can do; from taking blood samples to sending out information for a patient. You become an advocate for the patient, which is what I really enjoy."
Why did you choose PHU? - "PHU is an excellent trust to work for, staff are extremely friendly, and we have lovely patients too."
What do you enjoy about being a Clinical Trials Assistant? - "I like the diversity and the ability to progress further in my role. I would highly recommend PHU as a trust to join and, the Research Department for everything we have done, and continue to do. If you get the opportunity to work here, I would 100% suggest you take it!"