Last updated: 27 July 2022
Staff Physiotherapy Service
NHS staff can now access physiotherapy at a wide range of locations across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight through a self-referral system. If you have musculoskeletal symptoms such as joint/muscle pain, or you have had a new injury then simply complete the referral form below and select where you would like to be seen.
Please note that all your physiotherapy care will need to be completed with the same physio team; once you have started treatment you will not be able to swap to a different location.
This service is for NHS staff directly employed by the following trusts:
- University Hospital Southampton
- Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Solent NHS trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Isle of Wight NHS trust
It does not cover students or staff employed by external agencies.
The service also does not include treatment for respiratory problems, circulatory disease, primary neurological conditions, or urogynae and continence issues.
If you have had an injury at work or are struggling to stay in work because of your condition, please contact your trust Occupational Health service in the first instance on: 02392283352 (Ext 3352 internal) or via email at OccHealth.Admin@porthosp.nhs.uk
Please note this is not an emergency service, contact 111 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty passing urine or controlling bladder/bowels
- Numbness or tingling around your back passage or genitals
- Numbness, pins and needles or weakness in both legs
- Acute trauma with difficulty weight bearing
And check with your GP before submitting this referral if you:
- Are feeling generally unwell or have a fever associated with your symptoms
- Have any unexplained weight loss
- Have recently become unsteady on your feet
Please click here to complete a referral form