If you are currently pregnant - Congratulations!
We hope that you find the following information helpful.
Our maternity services look after pregnant women who live in Hampshire and Portsmouth. This is a large service caring for more than 6000 women per year.
Information Service for Parents: Click here to access a website where you can sign up for emails and text messages covering all key pregnancy and baby topics.
Useful telephone numbers
Your named midwife will give you contact numbers when she meets you for the first time.
Midwifery advice is available for you at the Mary Rose Unit 24 hours a day, and between 8am and 8pm at the Grange and Blake Maternity Centres. Please note that you may speak to a Maternity Support Worker and not necessarily a midwife when you call.
Please click here for information on Labour Line, a 24-hour dedicated telephone support and assessment line for women in labour - to contact Labour Line, call 0300 1239001.
Once pregnant, you are able to directly refer yourself to your local centre from 6 weeks as long as you have a confirmed positive pregnancy test, you DO NOT have to see a GP.
- Queen Alexandra Hospital Reception - 023 9228 6000 ext 4583
- St Marys Hospital - 02380 540777
- Blake Maternity Centre - 023 9252 3651
- Mary Rose Birth Centre - 023 9228 6000 ext 3284
- Grange Maternity Centre - 023 8231 0580 (with voicemail) or 023 8231 0581
- Infant Feeding Advisors - 023 9228 6000 ext 4530
- Day Assessment unit - 023 9228 6000 ext 4502
- Director of Midwifery and Maternity - 023 9228 6000 ext 4532/4577
- Community Co-ordinator (24 hour advice for urgent issues or labour related queries) - 07770 233256
For general enquiries, comments and feedback relating to Women and Children’s services please email firstname.lastname@example.org.