Nurses, midwives and healthcare support workers were celebrated at the second Nursing and Midwifery Awards.
An evening of celebration was held at Portsmouth Marriott Hotel on Friday to recognise the best in their professions following an impressive 148 nominations across 10 categories.
The awards were held by former patient Paul Thomas as his way of saying thank you to teams and individuals who cared for him at QA Hospital.
Mr Thomas was overwhelmed by the compassion our nursing teams showed him during his stay.
It was a fabulous evening, which recognised and celebrated all that is great about our nursing teams.
A full list of the winners can be found here:
- Chief Nurse Award - Lee Campbell, Sister
- Clinical Specialist Award - Glenn Lake, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Developing People Award - Hermie Santos, Jill Pallister and Ariane Macintyre, Practice Based Learning Facilitators
- Registered Midwife Award - Rebecca Church and Kerry Madgwick, Senior Midwifery Managers
- Registered Nurse Award - Kerry Gilbert, Senior Sister
- Support Staff Award - Lavinia Butler, Health Care Support Worker and Lucy Lock, Support Co-ordinator
- Team Quality Improvement - Multiple Birth Team
- Working together as one Team Award - Multiple Birth Team
- Working together for patients - Layla Toomer, Midwife
- Working together with Compassion Award - Tanya Harrison, Community Midwife