Performance Management Framework
To access the resources and information in this Performance Management Framework, please click on the relevant section on the below links.
Performance Appraisal | Staff Benefits | Performance Management | Succession Planning | Talent Management | Management & Leadership Development
Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trusts vision is: "Working together to drive excellence in care for our patients and communities". Delivery of this vision depends on every member of staff:
- Performing to the required standard of their role
- Performing to the best of their ability and competence
- Demonstrating Trust Values and expected standards of behaviour
- Continuously developing to reach their full potential in their role and beyond
The Trust, the employee’s line manager and the employee all have joint responsibility to ensure this happens. The Trusts Performance Management Framework has been put in place to support the Trust's vision. All aspects of an individuals performance and development are integrated within this Framework. These include:
- Performance Review and Appraisal – A regular and meaningful appraisal.
- Succession Planning – Identifying successors for critical posts.
- Talent Management – Spotting talent and developing an internal talent pool.
- Management and Leadership Development Framework- Increasing individual leadership capability.
- Capability and Conduct Development – How to support and develop staff who are not performing to the required standard.
- Staff Benefits – How are individuals rewarded and recognised?
To help develop your skills as a manager in relation to performance management, please read the NHS Employers People Performance Management Toolkit.