Phlebotomy services provided to:
- Queen Alexandra - Walk in service for adult patients attending Outpatient clinics at QA and adult patients requiring blood tests outside of the hospital. This service is available Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays 0745-1645hrs.
- Peripheral Clinics - Adult patients requiring Blood tests outside of the hospital, by appointment at most clinics and walk in service at Petersfield Hospital on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings 0700-1200hrs.
The department is part of Outpatient Services and the Matron is Janice Cloud. Phlebotomy manages a team of around 36 whole time equivalent phlebotomists on a daily basis by Sandra Ponsford with the support of a clinic coordinator and deputy manager. The service also provides blood taking for 30 wards at:
Queen Alexandra Hospital
- Blood Taking QA - 023 92286000 ext 5814
- SMHC - 023 92680275
- Fareham Community Hospital -01489 587415
- Fareham Health Centre - 01329 845777
- Stubbington Medical Practice - 01329 664231
- Highland Road Medical Practice - 0844 4778939
- Gudge Heath Lane Medical Practice - 01329 380887
- Lee on Solent Medical Centre - 023 92550220
- Gosport Medical Centre - 023 92583302
- Brune Medical Centre - 023 92794169
- Forton Road Medical Centre - Tel 023 92583333
- Waterside Medical Centre - 023 92583344
- Petersfield Hospital - 02382 319000
Varies across all clinics.
Queen Alexandra Blood Taking Office Hours 0800 - 1645
No Service in clinics at weekends or Bank Holidays
How can a patient make an appointment?
By telephone at the clinics where appointments are offered (see above).
Location on site
Blood Taking, C Level, Queen Alexandra Hospital, near to North Entrance.
We also run appointment only peripheral clinics in the following locations:
- Fareham Community Hospital
- Fareham Health Centre
- Stubbington Medical Practice
- Highland’s Road Medical Practice
- Gudge Heath Lane Medical Practice
- Lee on Solent Medical Centre
- Gosport Medical Centre
- Brune Medical Centre
- Forton Road Medical Centre
- Waterside Medical Centre
- Petersfield Hospital- walk in 0700-1200 Mon, Tues and Thursdays excluding Bank Holidays